The Capital of Uttarakhand State popular as the Education Capital of the state as well. It houses many educational institutions, day boarding schools; medical colleges, Engineering Colleges etc. in the beautiful valleys and mountains. The mountains in the Dehra Dun region are very irregular and rough with quite steep slopes. The most significant characteristics of the region are the ridge separating the drainage. The montane tract shadows the sub-montane tract, famous Dun valley circumscribed by Shivalik hills in the south direction.
Dehra Dun is differentiated from most of the other districts in the said state having forests stocked with “Sal”. The Forest products contribute to the economy of the district. Other than, providing fuel, fodder, bamboos and medicinal herbs, there are other products such as honey, lac, gum, resin, catechu, wax, horns, and hides.
Dehra Dun is famous and attracts lots of tourists throughout the year for its RIVERS, CANALS, AND WATERWAYS. The Siwalik name given to the outer and lower ranges of Himalayas flows at the feet, the sacred river Ganga and Yamuna edge in on the east and the west respectively. The Yamuna mingles in the district in Jaunsar and streams in a south direction approximately 32 km. other than the Ganga and Yamuna, there are other rivers that stream in the district are Asan, Suswa, Tons, Rispana, Bindal, and Amalava.
The Tourists Attraction includes:-
1. Tapkeshawar Temple: - The temple of Lord Shiv is a prehistoric place of worship and is located on the banks of a Rivulet, in Garhi Cantt. Area, 5.5 Km from the city the temple is well connected by road.
2. Sahastradhara:-literally stands for, the ‘thousand-fold spring’ is located at a distance of around 11 km. from Dehra Dun. The place is famous as an ideal picnic spot and attracts a lot of visitors. There is a waterfall of around 9 meters in the form of a perpetual shower. The Sulphur Spring in people usually takes bath to get rid of skin ailments and infections.
3. Laxman Siddh:-it is situated at a distance of 12 Km. from Dehradun in the direction towards Haridwar and Rishikesh.
4. Malsi Deer Park:-it is situated around 10 Km. from Dehradun, on the route to Mussoorie at the foothills of the Shivalik range. The mini-zoological park comprising in it children’s park.
5. Chandrabani:- The famous temple of Chandrabani or Gautam Kund just at a distance of 7 km from Dehradun.
6. Sai Darbar:- located at around 8 Km adjacent to the Clock Tower on famous Rajpur Road, The Sai Darbar Temple.
7. Tibetan Temple:-Situated on Rajpur Road adjacent to the Sai Darbar Temple, it is the huge and colorful temple of Lord Buddha.
Delhi Tempo Traveler Hire Service has a wide range of options for transportation, having the augmented features such as GPS, Pushback seats, entertainment systems, Wi-Fi etc. the transportation options ranges from 5 to 20 seaters solutions that too at amazingly and pocket-friendly.