Knowing the unknown facts about the Red Fort Delhi
Posted On May 3rd, 2017
The Red Fort India is famous all over the world because of its strong historical importance in the pages of history and this was the residence of Mughal Dynasty for 200 years approx till the year 1857. This historically famous Fort is situated at the heart of Delhi and today there exist lots of museums within this Fort. Fifth Mughal Emperor Shah Jahan constructed this Fort. Well, apart from the Red Fort history which is known to all, there are certain unknown facts which are hardly known to many of us. Here we can take a look at these unknown facts about red fort.
- This is really surprising to know that as per historical reports given by Archeological Syrvey of India the original color of the Red fort is white. The Fort was painted in red by the British during their ruling period.
- People hardly know the name of the person who has designed the Fort. Ustad Hamid and Ustad Ahmed, the famous architect duo designed this Fort. This fort is originally called as Blessed Fort or Quila-e-Mubarak.
- It took 10 years to complete the project of Red fort. The construction started in the year 1638 and completed on 1648.
- It was in the year 2007 when Red fort has been declared as the World Heritage due to the cultural and historical Significance of this Fort.
- The two gates of Red Fort, are Delhi Gate and Lahore Gate, Both these gate spread over an area of 256 acres.
- Public halls, marble places, mosque and gardens, all have been constructed with proper planning.
- Rang Mahal was the place for the princess and the wives of the emperors. They usually stayed inside the Rang Mahal accompanied by their own maids. Only the emperors were allowed to enter into Rang Mahal.
- One of the most fascinating facts about the Red Fort is the fact about Kohinoor Diamond. It was fixed into the Thorn of Shah Emperor and this was placed in the Dewani-I-Khas. Unfortunately, the precious stone was stolen by Nadir Shah and at present this Royal Stone is in the custody of the Royal Family of England.
- After the end of the Mughal Dynasty, the Red fort was captured by the British. They sold maximum valuables within this Fort and they also demolished structure of the building.
Well, those above are some exceptional facts which are hardly known to us. So, now if you are planning to visit the Red Fort, these unknown facts will enhance more curiosity within you about this Fort and you can enjoy the visit too. This historical spot is visited by many visitors every year and is considered as a pride for Indian history.
Manali Tourist Attractions and the Best Tempo Traveller Tours
Posted on October 22nd, 2022Read More →
© All Copyright 2023 Reserved tempotravellerhire.in
Leave a Comment :