10 amazing Destinations in India for celebrating Holi in a completely fun-frolic way
Posted On July 10th, 2021
The fun frolic and colorful festival of India, Holi is about to come in a few day’s time. Are you planning for some different experience this time? There are many places in India where Holi is celebrated in a unique and colorful way. Now it completely depends on you to decide what kind of happy moments you want to enjoy. You’ll get to see holi activities happening in almost all parts of India, the activities cover traditional temple pujas to modern holi parties with DJs, colors, gujiya, pakora, and bhang. Check out the 10 amazing places, where the Holi festival is celebrated in different styles and will, appeal to you completely.
Holi Festival is More Famous in These States:
1. Barsana, Uttar Pradesh: It is one of the unique styles of playing Holi and women rule the festival here. This is the day where women get the power to beat their men with sticks. This format of Holi celebration is known as Lathmar Holi. You need to be brave women to attend this holi celebration and preferably not solo as disgusting behavior of the menfolk leaves no scope, towards molesting women to create the true environment of Rash Leela. The celebration starts a week before the actual day of Holi.
2. Mathura and Vrindavan, Uttar Pradesh: Once in a lifetime you must visit here on the auspicious occasion of Holi. The initial beginning of the celebration starts almost a month before the actual date of Holi on the day of Vasant Panchami. He was born in Mathura and spent his childhood in Vrindavan. A week before Holi special shows are organized at Shri Krishna birthplace in Mathura. Phoolon Wali Holi and color holi both are played in Vrindavan
3. Shantiniketan, West Bengal: If you want to see holi celebration with a touch of poetic sophistication then visit Shantiniketan, West Bengal. It is known as Basanta Utsav and was initiated by none other than the great poet and Nobel winner Rabindranath Tagore. It is celebrated on the campus of Vishwa Bharati University and students get ready in spring color sarees and dress to dance to the melodious tunes created by Kabi Guru. Apart from cultural programs playing with colors takes place among students and attendees.
4. Purulia, West Bengal: Another destination of West Bengal where holi celebration is done in a unique way is Purulia. 3-day long program on Basant Utsav is organized by the people of the Purulia district. Different local dance forms you can watch out for at the festival and a major among them is Chau dance. Other acclaimed dance forms are Darbari Jhumur and Natua dance. You can play Holi with gulal with locals and special arrangements on tents will be made for the accommodation of visitors
5. Udaipur, Rajasthan: If you want to witness the essence of royalty in the festival of Holi then come visit Udaipur during this festive season. The beginning of the festival starts the day before with Holika Dahan ( killing of evil spirits). Be a part of the Mewar royal family holi celebration and watch out for the palace procession on bedecked horses.
6. Anandpur Sahib, Punjab: To enjoy holi watching wrestling, mock sword fights, and martial arts, you can visit Anandpur Sahib. An annual fair is organized during this time known as Hola Mohalla which was started by Sikh Guru Gobind Singh.
7. Musical Holi of Delhi: Delhi is always vibrant and happening in all festive seasons of India. Here there is no effect of caste and creed in the minds of people and all play the colorful festival of Holi together with gulal, gujiya and bhang. Try your luck to get a ticket or Holi Moo Festival. Different national and international performers attend this festival to make the celebration a vibrant and happening one. The environment in this festive campus is very safe and you can come alone or with groups to be part of this happening celebration. Use of nontoxic color is made for the celebration and so you can stay assured no reaction will happen to your skin.
8. Mumbai slum holi festival: Holi is the festival where we all make an effort to spread color and happiness in the life of people. If you want to bring some enjoyment and happiness to the lives of the slum children in Mumbai then visit Dharavi which happens to be the biggest slum area of Mumbai. You can play safely with the locals of this slum area with gulal and happening music. Here you need to pay for entry and to be a part of the celebration. But you will not mind paying like 80% of the ticket proceeds will be given to the fund dedicated to the wellbeing of the people of the Dharavi slum area.
9. Hampi, Karnataka: As we all know that Holi festival is restricted for the people of northern India and not a preferred choice for the south Indian states. Here people are more focused on the religious celebration with temple visits and offerings. But still, Hampi emerged out as one such destination where Holi is played with much enthusiasm and enjoyment. The town and its people wish each other by playing colors, dancing, and drumming near the ruins of the Vijayanagar empire.
10. Jaipur, Rajasthan: The elephant festival marks the beginning of the Holi festival in Jaipur city of Rajasthan. You will love witnessing the elephant parades, folk dances, elephant beauty contests, and many more things.
It’s time to plan how you are going to celebrate Holi. You can pick any of the locations for a colorful and happening experience this time. But get the tickets booked fast in order to avoid any hazards in your holi happiness. In case you want to mingle with your colony friends and celebrate the festival with them then that too will be a great choice. All that you need to do is to plan a bit in advance so that you miss nothing in your enjoyment. Wish You all a happy holi for Coming Year.