Top 5 places of Visit in Jaisalmer
Posted On June 25th, 2017
In India, among all picturesque and historic cities, Jaisalmer is considered as one of the most popular and royal one. Not only to the Indians, but also to the foreign travelers this city managed to create a huge craze. Though, all cities in Rajasthan speak about the history of bravery of rulers of this state and Jaisalmer too is describing those glorious days. The city is surrounded with Forts and the beauty of the desert here is really ravishing. Let us have a look at some famous travel spots in Jailsalmer which are must to explore for every traveler to this amazing destination of India.
- Jaisalmer Fort: Raja Jaisal, in the year 1156 AD constructed Jailsalmer Fort which is also famously known as Golden Fort. This Fort in considered among the largest forts all over the world. The fort gives magical vibes with such a nice mixture of golden and yellow sandstone. The Fort remains open from 9 am to 8 pm every day. Price of tickets has been fixed at the rate of Rs 30 for Indians and Rs 70 for foreign visitors. It will take nearly two to two and half hours to cover the whole fort.
- Bada Bagh: Travelers in Jalsalmer will also be able to know more about the history of Rajasthan once they visit the Bada Bagh. The construction of this garden started during the dynasty of Maharawal Jai Singh at the beginning of 16th century and got competed by his son Lunakaran. This garden looks awesome especially during sunrise and sunset. It will take 45 minutes to one hour complete the visit of the whole Garden.
- Patwon-ki- Haveli: This was built by the reputed trader Guman Chand and his sons. The decoration with large suites and vast corridors will surely make the travelers surprised. The whole construction is made of yellow sandstone. This Haveli also remains open all days from 9 am to 5 pm.
- Sam Sand Dunes: Desert safari will surely be a great experience to all the travelers here. Ride on the camelback will definitely give you a nice experience. Tourist, visit the city during February and March, can enjoy the festivals here.
- Museum: The Heritage museum is famous for unfolding the art, history and culture of this Thar Desert. Visitors can become eligible to get an idea regarding transformation of sea into Thar Desert, once they will notice the sea fossils. To visit the whole museum, tourist will require 2 hours.
Apart from those above mentioned travel places in Jaisalmer, more places are also there to visit. Apart from exploring the popular destinations of this city do not forget to take some time out for doing some shopping. Here you will find some of the best handicraft work done by the local people.